Monday, February 3, 2014

Welcome to the Bindle!


The Bindle is a eclectic collection of information relating to art, law, and society, presented by Brian L. Frye. I am an Assistant Professor of Law at the University of Kentucky College of Law, where I teach copyright, intellectual property, nonprofit organizations, and civil procedure, among other things. I am currently in the process of developing a free, creative commons attribution licensed, copyright casebook. Check it out and let me know if you have any comments.

I have also made experimental and documentary films for about 20 years. In 2013, I made the documentary film Our Nixon with Penny Lane, which premiered at SXSW, aired on CNN, screened theatrically, and is now available streaming and on DVD. I have also made many short films, some of which you can watch here.

A bindle is a hobo's luggage, stereotypically portrayed as a stick over the shoulder, with a cloth bag tied around the far end. This weblog will feature articles, audio interviews, videos, and assorted ephemera. Just the sort of thing a hobo might collect in his travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment